There are many points to factor when planning corporate events, and it is easy to forget a few of them during the stressful planning stages. In order to avoid some last-moment mishaps, here are some of the points you must absolutely factor in when selecting a venue!There are many points to factor when planning corporate events, and it is easy to forget a few of them during the stressful planning stages. In order to avoid some last-moment mishaps, here are some of the points you must absolutely factor in when selecting a venue!
• Lodgings – it might be easy to forget about lodging accommodations if you have been planning for company events limited to your colleagues. Lodgings become an important factor to consider largely in the case of two main scenarios: the conference is held far away from the company’s location (far enough to warrant more than a day’s travelling), or there are participants besides your own company employees. In the former case, you won’t have to be overly particular with regards to lodgings, but in the latter case, it is very important to prepare adequate accommodations so as to maintain the professional image of the business. If the conference venue does not provide accommodations, book enough rooms as necessary at a nearby hotel.
• Accessibility – accessibility refers to how easily the conference venue can be accessed. This means that it should relatively be easy to reach the venue: there should be plenty of means to arrive there, and the location should not be hard to find (you do not want the participants getting lost and delaying the entire conference!). if important guests are going to attend the conference, it is ideal for the venue to be located in close proximity to the main travel mediums (e.g. flights and trains, as well as regular road travel). Make sure the venue has ample parking space as well.
• Suitability – moving on, you need to consider how suitable the venue is for the occasion as well. There are many reception halls that double as both wedding venue Hong Kong and conference halls, but you do not want these venues to detract from the professional image of the business in any way. Most of the luxurious halls and venues often have separate areas for the respective occasion, but if in doubt, it is ideal to pay the venue a visit before renting it out.
• Facilities – when it comes to facilities, you will need to find out what extra facilities the specific venue is providing. For example, if you are planning to host a dinner party or a ball after the conference, it would nice if the venue itself could provide a great party room, instead of having to move locations to a separate venue.
• Staff services – similarly, when considering staff services, you need to find out how much the venue is willing to help you out with planning, organizing and taking care of extra work on the day of the conference. Generally, you will need catering services, receptionist services, security and the like; if the venue can provide these, it will save you time and money.